Monday, March 23, 2009


The Gator Puddled on the Driveway - Bad Gator!

Word of the Day

Pickilily - Relish. Chopped up pickles.


I'm trying a new allergy medicine this morning. Zyrtec. Knock on wood, it'll work better than the Alavert. My eyes are still twitching but...

HTP noticed a small pool of "whatever" under The Gator. Of course, he didn't notice it until Friday afternoon after the repair shop was closed. So...he called them this morning. They told him to bring The Gator back in so they could check it out. Maybe they didn't tighten down everything well enough when they worked on it.

So, time to call animal control. I wish I'd just filled out the address change information on the back of the card and that would be that, but HTP had visions of collection agencies and cops coming to the door. And so....this is another instance where a whole day can be ruined because you just want to dot all the 'I's and cross all the 'T's because as you get older you don't trust that doing something, anything, the simple way will actually work out.

I just got off the phone with the animal control people. One hour on hold?!!! At the end of about twenty additional minutes of arguing, it turns out that since HTP and I don't actually remain at this house for a full 30 days at a one time, Gypsy doesn't need an Arizona license. Animal control agreed, reluctantly. There will be no licensing requirement or fine. Having said that, when I received the notification of license violation in the mail, there was no mention of a "Hey! If you're here for more than 30 consecutive days, you have to buy a license for your dog...even if you don't live here!" Good Grief!!! Oh well...HTP and I do a lot of traveling and Gypsy goes with us. As a matter of fact, we're going to be going to Vegas later this week. And, at the end of April, we're heading back to The Lake. You know, I don't mind buying an Arizona dog license. I didn't mind buying the Wisconsin license. Heck! I'll even buy both licenses next year if I don't have to sit on hold forever and a day and then have to spend an additional twenty minutes arguing about a law that I didn't know existed, even if we're never here for 30 consecutive days at a time and the law doesn't pertain to us.

Murphyism of the Day

Golomb's Don'ts of Mathematical Modeling - Number Nine


Don't apply the terminology of Subject A to the problems of Subject B if it is to the enrichment of neither.

Catchphrase - "New names for old."

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Charge less, but charge. Otherwise, you will not be taken seriously, and you do your fellow artists no favours if you undercut the market.

- Elizabeth Aston

No comments: