Friday, March 20, 2009


A Picture Postcard of Spring at The Lake - Taken by Sis on March 20, 2009


Word of the Day

Phoscirine - The period of time that it takes for one's eyes to adjust to a difference in brightness - either light to dark, or dark to light.



Spring


Has Sprung!




Happy


First Day of


Spring


Everyone!



Evidence of Spring? DD Daughter took Ms. En to see the Easter Bunny. I re-decorated my dining room table, from St. Patrick's Day green to a pastel-colored Easter theme with my Easter snowglobes. And then....my sister e-mailed me on this first day of Spring. It's snowing at The Lake. She attached a photograph that she took today. It looked like a picture postcard of Winter....or a "snowglobe". I caught myself humming Christmas carols.

It's 81 degrees outside here in Arizona and it's only 10:30 AM. Although it got up to 90 degrees yesterday, I didn't have to use the air-conditioner...yet. It'll be warmer today. My windows are closed and the shades have been pulled down on the sunny side of the house.

Murphyism of the Day

Golomb's Don'ts of Mathematical Modeling - Number Six


Don't limit yourself to a single model. More than one may be useful for understanding different aspects of the same phenomenon.

Catchphrase - " Legalize polygamy."

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Any reviewer who expresses rage and loathing for a novel is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

- Kurt Vonnegut (1922 - 2007)

No comments: