Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's



Day!



We're home from The Big City. I imagine a friend of mine who lives in NYC may debate whether or not the city that we visited today was big enough to warrant the capital letters but...it was big enough for me. Any city that contains as many McDonald's, grocery stores, movie theatres and MALLS as the city that we visited today, deserves capital letters. Actually, we never got to the heart of The Big City. We only went so far as the perimeter where HTP's sister lives.

Tiredness. It's been a long day. #1 Son, MC Daughter and D Buddy bought me a yard frog. A frog that I can put out in my flower garden (which HTP and I just de-leafed). They also got me this cool copper and glass hummingbird feeder. I was actually thinking about getting myself another hummingbird feeder. No need now.

On the way home from The Big City, HTP and I stopped to get some groceries. Stopping to get groceries en route saves gas. I'm saving the environment. Anyway, I picked up the groceries on my list. And then I picked up some more plants. *sigh* More digging. More rocks. Does it ever end?

Murphyism of the Day

Sir Walter's Law


The tendency of smoke from a cigarette, barbecue, campfire, etc. to drift into a person's face varies directly with that person's sensitivity to smoke.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Somebody said a Mother can find all the answers to her child-rearing questions in the books. That somebody never had a child stuff beans up his nose or in his ears.

No comments: