Tuesday, May 22, 2007


Word of the Day

Benefficient - When one thing or entity efficiently benefits another. Measure by the degree of efficiency of one thing or entity benefiting another; the quotient of efficiency versus benefit.


Laundry Day. Although I'm really not overly fond of spending my entire day doing laundry, I greeted laundry day with a feeling of relief. I'm out of jeans. Actually, all my jeans are not in the laundry but the only pair of jeans that I had remaining to wear (and I'm wearing them right now), were white. White or light colored jeans aren't very practical up here at The Lake. Gardening, fishing, cooking...one either ends up with muddy jeans, bloody jeans, or jeans covered in jam or tomato sauce. Or grass stains, mustard, bug splat...the list is endless. White jeans don't last long up here. Actually, no jeans fair well but at least regular blue blue jeans tend not to advertise what you've been doing all day. I generally keep white jeans for trips to The Big City, visiting someplace where white jeans won't find themselves exposed to bio-hazards, or laundry day. Although I would have loved to work in the garden, fish off the dock or plant five white pine trees that are still waiting to be planted, white jeans prevented such actions. Clean blue jeans will be good to go tomorrow.

Murphyism of the Day

Hammond's Law of the Kitchen - Number One


Souffles rise and cream whips only for the family and for guests you didn't really want to invite anyway.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

All of us have moments in out lives that test our courage. Taking children into a house with a white carpet is one of them. -- Erma Bombeck

No comments: