Thursday, May 31, 2007


Word of the Day

Bleater - A person who complains excessively when in a difficult situation, often disturbing others who are attempting to resolve the issue.


What do HTP and I do for exercise here at The Lake? Aside from fishing, that is. We work on keeping the woods where the woods are supposed to be and the yard where the yard is supposed to be and the gardens where the gardens are supposed to be. Somehow, the woods always seems to want to creep in on the garden and the yard. So, today HTP and I cleared a small viewing corridor through the buffer zone between the yard and the lake. Buffer zone? A buffer zone is an area that has to remain relatively undisturbed (within reason) around The Lake. However, I still can judiciously prune a corridor through the buffer zone so I can see The Lake, my dock, and my boat from the house. A filtered view. HTP and I cleared and pruned most of our corridor today and hauled off the debris. We still have to do a bit more but I can actually see the dock from our deck. We'll need to do a bit more pruning before we can see the boat. There's some dead trees standing that we'll have to remove still but we've had enough aerobic exercise for one day. Besides, my knees started to protest. I hate that. My knees always give out before the rest of me wants to quit for the day. Oh well...better to quit the field today, let my knees rest up, and return to the battle another day. I imagine I'll have to check for woodticks again. *sigh* Those little buggers get everywhere.

Murphyism of the Day

Mrs. Weiler's Law


Anything is edible if it is chopped finely enough.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip. -- Will Rogers

No comments: