Friday, June 01, 2007




Word of the Day

Bleemus - The disgusting film on the top of soups, puddings, and cocoa that sit out for too long.


We're having our deck stained today along with some of our deck furniture. Actually, we had our deck stained along with some of our deck furniture...only...they ran out of stain so, they're going to have to come back another day to finish up the stairs from our deck. Now...if it'll only hold off and not rain for a few hours, all their work won't be for naught. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. In the meantime, we've been told that we can't step on the deck for at least five hours. It's not easy to remember not to go out on the deck. Good thing HTP reminded me to bring in the bird-feeders or we'd end up with raccoon footprints all over the deck. We still might...but hopefully, the raccoons won't come to check things out until after the five hours are up.

I've finished all my baby blankets and little socks for our first grandchild, Miss N. I'm working on another project for the baby shower that's taking a bit more effort than I was expecting but... It'll get done. I have faith. If I rag at people enough...it'll get done. I hate being a nag. That's the hardest part of this project. Being a nag and yet, not offending anyone.

Murphyism of the Day

Fausner's Rule of the Household


A knife too dull to cut anything else can always cut your finger.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

We can do no great things; only small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

No comments: