Monday, June 18, 2007


A Posed Kodak Moment at The Baby Shower--Picture taken by MC Daughter...that's why she's not in it.



Sis, Miss M., Miss A., and Willie's Bride at The Baby Shower...Look close and you can see the diaper cake I made.



Our Cupcake Tree for the Baby Shower


Word of the Day

Carperpetuation - The act, when vacuuming, of running over a string or a piece of lint at least a dozen times, reaching over and picking it up, examining it, then putting it back down to give the vacuum one more chance.


Saturday was the baby shower. Everything went just fine. MC Daughter decorated the cupcakes and arranged them on a cupcake tree. I rearranged the furniture so we could all sit in the living room. We had cold-cuts and munchies for our lunch and cold punch to drink. Hawaiian Punch. DD Daughter was craving it. We played a few games. Had prizes. And we all visited and tried our best to scare DD Daughter. Only kidding. She didn't look all that concerned.

Sunday was Father's Day. We celebrated it over at my sister's place across the lake. We had left-over veggies from the shower and left-over cupcakes from the shower. They went well with the salads that my sister made and the bratwurst. Delicious. Oh....and we had mimosas. Of course. DD Daughter and GI Joe had to return to Nebraska so they left after lunch. #1 Son had to get back to The Big City to do homework for his summer school class, so he left next..with a cooler full of left-overs and a pan of cupcakes. And then, MC Daughter and D Buddy left. So, it's just me and HTP here at The Lake again.

Today was my day of rest....well...kinda. I've got everything all picked up and clean. Laundry is tomorrow. This morning I went out and weeded the garden and fertilized. I knew that we were supposed to get some rain and we are. I also trampled down the vegetation around the outside of the vegetable garden. Woodtick City, I'm sure but it had to be done. The vegetation was causing too much shade to fall on my poor garden. Maybe I'll have HTP go out there with the weed-whacker. Later this week...as soon as things cool off and dry up a bit. So far? We've had 1/2" of rain. We need more than that but I'll take it. And, before the rain came, I got out there and put up trellis' for my lilies and tied them up. They haven't started blooming yet but when they do, the flowers are so heavy, the stems can't support their weight. Lilies face down in the dirt. Lovely. Thus...I put up trellis' so I can actually enjoy seeing my lilies. I also added a couple of trellis' to my raspberry beds so that maybe...just maybe...the chipmunks won't be able to climb up and eat all my raspberries before I get a chance to harvest them. See? Today was indeed my day of rest...kinda.

Murphyism of the Day

Law of Opportunity


The only time the world beats a path to your door is when you're in the bathroom.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

I used to wake up at 4 A.M. and start sneezing, sometimes for five hours. I tried to find out what sort of allergy I had but finally came to the conclusion that it must be an allergy to consciousness. -- James Thurber (1894 - 1961)

No comments: