Wednesday, June 13, 2007


DD Daughter Giving Her Cousin the Finger...well...almost.

Word of the Day

Capapult - The act of flinging ones hat or cap into the air. Usually at the end of a graduation or when a large crowd is cheering.


I finally decided to dig out my shorts today. It feels more like July than June outside. Normally, I don't like to wear shorts here at The Lake. Jeans tend to provide protection against biting insects like mosquitoes and deerflies. There isn't much one can do about woodticks. The woodticks are still pretty nasty. Yesterday I found three...crawling...I caught them before they found a likely spot to dig in and munch on down. I only found one today. That doesn't mean much. I was only hauling around sprinklers. Yup. I did the sprinkler dance. Last night and this morning. Aside from that, all I did was go fishing off the dock and clean fish. The bluegill are starting to bite off the dock. I may go on back to fishing after supper. Hopefully it will have cooled off a bit by then.

Murphyism of the Day

Cliff's Law


Never stand between a dog and a hydrant.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

You can't change what you've done, so you might as well just take pride in it.

-- Takayuki Ikkaku, Arisa Hosaka and Toshihiro Kawabata, Animal Crossing: Wild World, 2005

No comments: