Tuesday, June 12, 2007


DD Daughter and her Cousin

Word of the Day

Camouflush - The unnecessary flushing of a public restroom toilet to mask embarrassing bodily sounds.


It's a warm day today. Still no rain in sight. I'm afraid that I'm going to have to start Ye Old Sprinkler Dance. We have one sprinkler system here at The Lake. It's called The Sprinkler Dance. The Sprinkler Dance is where a person (that would be me) drags the hose out, attaches a sprinkler to the end of the hose and then set the sprinkler out to do it's thing. After a half hour, a person (that would be me), moves the sprinkler to a new location and we start the process all over again. Over and over until the entire lawn gets watered. Lovely. This is a process that takes an entire day...maybe two. And then....if we don't get rain...we do it again next week.

Murphyism of the Day

Pulliam's Postulate


Never step in anything soft.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them.
-- Jane Austen (1775 - 1817)

No comments: