Saturday, June 23, 2007



Beware of Hummingbirds! 'Tis the season when you don't dare wear anything red if you don't want to be attacked.


Word of the Day

Caukern - A popcorn kernel that is stuck in one's teeth.


HTP has returned to my folks' place to work on my Mom's new laptop. Me? I'm doing the sprinkler dance. After checking the weather forecast, I finally had to accept the fact that we just aren't going to get any rain the foreseeable future. So...it's sprinkler dance time for me. Having an in-ground sprinkler system here at The Lake just isn't feasible. Rocks and boulders that move around due to the freeze and thaw of the ground and the freezing temperatures during the winter are the main reasons for why we can't put an Arizona-style sprinkler system in here at The Lake. We'd spend most of our time repairing it. So, off I go to move the sprinklers yet again.

HTP and I are going over to a neighbor's house tonight. They're holding a "Meet the Neighbors" party. I couldn't remember what I was supposed to bring with us until after I made that pasta salad. Oh well....we've got pasta salad to eat for lunches next week. What I was supposed to bring over some of my home-made salsa. Thankfully, I had some already made up, so we're good to go for tonight. I'm also bringing over a small bottle of my limoncello as a hostess gift.

Murphyism of the Day

Ballance's Law of Relativity


How long a minute is depends on which side of the bathroom door you're on.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in? I think that's how dogs spend their lives. -- Sue Murphy

No comments: