Thursday, June 07, 2007


DD Daughter with her foot in her mouth...bet she can't do that anymore.

Word of the Day

Cabnicreep - The structural condition in which the closing of one kitchen cabinet causes another to open.


Now both my knees are complaining. The one that wasn't complaining before is now complaining louder than the other. I suppose I really shouldn't be surprised. HTP fell in with my "Make hay while the sun shines." philosophy decided that yesterday would be a good day to finish up clearing brush from our "viewing corridor". As a result, we can now see both the dock and the boat (and...of course, the lake) from our house....and I won't be hiking anywhere any time soon. Give me a couple of days. Good thing I got the laundry done since running up and down stairs to the basement just isn't going to happen right now.

My sugarless rhubarb pie turned out tasting fantastic last night. Here's the recipe for those who are web searching and stumble across my blog.

Two Crust Rhubarb Pie

3 cups rhubarb
1 1/2 cups Maltitol sweetener (Maltitol can be ordered on the internet...don't use Splenda. The texture just isn't the same.)
3 Tbsp. flour
pinch of salt
2 eggs well beaten
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Clean and chop rhubarb. Place in uncooked pie shell. In separate bowl, beat eggs. Beat in salt, cinnamon, flour and sugar. Beat well. Pour over rhubarb. Add lattice crust top or cookie cutter cut-outs. Cover edges of crust with foil. Bake at 400°F for 50-60 minutes.

Best Ever Pie Crust

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1 cup shortening
1/2 cup water

In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water until mixture forms a ball. Divide dough in half, and shape into balls. Wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.

Roll out dough on a floured counter. Don't overwork it. Use as directed in pie recipe.

Keep in mind, just because my sugarfree rhubarb pie is sugarfree...it isn't calorie free. Plus...Maltitol can cause digestive problems in some people if you eat too much of it. I use Maltitol in everything that calls for sugar...even jam...and HTP and I have never experienced any problems. Maltitol sweetener is used in most sugarfree chocolates.

As you may have figured out by now, I've started sorting through old baby pictures of DD Daughter so I can have them for the baby shower. I wasn't thinking ahead when HTP and I left Arizona. DD Daughter's baby book and the photo album that I have of all her baby pictures is in Arizona...not here at The Lake. *sigh* It's a good thing that HTP has scanned most of our old pictures and we have them on the computer. Also, my folks are here at The Lake and my Dad has all sorts of DD Daughter pictures that he took with his camera. Slides. So, HTP will scan them into our computer and I'll have those along with the ones that I've found. Good grief! My Dad actually has a picture of me and HTP sitting on the steps of The Little Cabin (this is the cabin that Willie now owns) while I was eight+ months along with DD Daughter. I think we were all there on a weekend in September to take out the dock and winterize the place. It looks like we were having a picnic.

Murphyism of the Day

Van Roy's Law


An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.

Mark Twain

No comments: