Friday, June 08, 2007


DD Daughter in Captivity

Word of the Day

Cafetorium - The room in an underfunded school which is a combination of a cafeteria and auditorium.


Went fishing. Caught a three nice bass (all smallmouth) that weren't quite nice enough (one inch under the legal limit)so I had to release them...but they were really fun catching. And I caught one really nice bass (smallmouth) that was big enough. I cleaned the really nice bass and it's waiting for me to cook it up for supper...tonight or tomorrow or maybe Sunday. #1 Son just called to say that he's coming home for the weekend and although my one bass was a really nice bass, there's not enough of it to feed three people unless I actively go out and catch lots more fish to add to the pot. HTP and I have been eating whatever we catch as soon as I get them cleaned up so I haven't got any in the freezer. Oh well...there's this neat place called the Sportman's Bar that has an All-You-Can-Eat fish fry on Friday nights.

Murphyism of the Day

Mom's Law


A show-off is any child who is more talented than yours.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

People who have what they want are fond of telling people who haven't what they want that they really don't want it. -- Ogden Nash

No comments: