Wednesday, June 06, 2007


DD Daughter

Word of the Day

Blivett - To turn one's pillow over and over, looking for the cool spot.


I pulled (harvested) some of my rhubarb. After that...I cleaned the fish that I caught the other day. I have a fish basket which allows me a bit of leeway when it comes to having to race to get the fish cleaned. We'll have fish for supper. And...rhubarb pie. I made two sugarless rhubarb pies with some of the rhubarb that I pulled and chopped. I froze the rest of the chopped rhubarb. Eight pounds. That's about half of what we'll need to make the rhubarb wine. I'll have to let my rhubarb plants recover and grow a bit more before I harvest again. Cleaning and chopping ten pounds of rhubarb wore me out.

Why all the frantic activity? We're supposed to be getting some stormy weather later tonight and tomorrow. I figured it was best to "make hay while the sun shines." Besides, I mixed up the pie crust yesterday afternoon. I had to wait four hours..or overnight..before I could roll it out so I couldn't make the rhubarb pies yesterday. I suppose I could have waited another day but it's a lot easier to pull rhubarb if it isn't all wet from rain. So, it had to be today. They smell wonderful!

Murphyism of the Day

Skoff's Law


A child will never spill on a dirty floor.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Our constitution protects aliens, drunks and U.S. Senators. -- Will Rogers

No comments: