Thursday, May 10, 2007


Word of the Day

Banectomy - The removal of bruises and other discrepancies on a banana.


The garage door is fixed. It needed fixing, you ask? Yup. HTP innocently hit the garage door opener button and SPRONG!!!!! and that wasn't the end of it either. At least nothing and nobody got hurt and the dry-wall chunks that were ripped free can be replaced. HTP called someone from the city but they couldn't make it out here until today. I'm happy because not only did they fix the garage door that needed fixing, they fixed the other garage door that would have needed fixing in a week or so. Apparently, the bolts that someone used to anchor the garage doors weren't long enough to hold the wait and strain of our garage doors. The garage door fixers have left and HTP is sweeping up the left-over debris.

Me? I bottled the limoncello and the arancello that I'd brought to The Lake from Arizona in gallon jugs. Actually, I didn't bring it from Arizona. MC Daughter and D Buddy brought it to The Lake for me in the back of their U-Haul. I made some simple syrup for the pomegranate liqueur I'm making from the pomegranate schnapps they brought from Arizona for me, too. All this while...I'm doing laundry. I'm doing laundry because I'm off schedule. Hopefully, I'll be back on my traditional laundry schedule again next week.

Murphyism of the Day

Frank's Phone Phenomena


If you have a pen, there's no paper.
If you have paper, there's no pen.
If you have both, there's no message.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

No comments: