Friday, November 30, 2007


HTP and His Brother Visiting With Santa

Word of the Day

Downlifting - Describing something that causes a lowering or dropping. Opposite of uplifting; synonym of depressing.


We got a few drips of rain last night. Nothing. However, I'm told that we should expect more rain this afternoon and tonight. Floods of rain! More rain than Arizona has received in the last 18 months! At this point, I could start making jokes about building and ark but...I'll refrain.

Despite the fact that I refuse to start decorating for Christmas until December 1st, I am working on other Christmas-related activities. I stood in line at the Post Office for an extended period of time so I could get some customs forms and buy some Christmas stamps. I picked up some priority mail boxes while I was there....and then I went shopping for some stuff to put in a few of the priority mail boxes. I'm still working on that project. I better work a bit faster. It'll take a while for those boxes to get where they're supposed to go.

And then while I was out shopping, I kept finding cute things that I want to send to Ms. En. I'm not sure if I'll have time to make some cute lace Christmas socks for Ms. En this year or not but...at least I want to try. I used to make Christmas socks for my daughters every year. They were so practical...unlike white tights which always ended up getting dirty...or just in the way. I know where my sock project box is but, unfortunately, it's stuck up on the top shelf of our closet buried under a suitcase right now. I'm dreading the thought of climbing up to see if I can dislodge it. What are the odds that I'll be able to do that without having the suitcase fall down on my head?

Of course, while I was out shopping, I also saw a couple of really cute new toys for Gypsy. For Christmas! I've got them set aside for Christmas! She's got plenty of toys right now. However, when I saw these two toys....I couldn't resist. Without actually telling (not that she can read my blog), I'm hoping that these two new toys will encourage Gypsy to control the chipmunk and squirrel population at The Lake. But...that's all the Christmas stuff I'm buying this year for Gypsy. I may make some homemade dog treats but aside from that...well...maybe a bone.

Murphyism of the Day

Milliken's Maxim


Insanity is doing the same thing the same way and expecting different results.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become.

- Charles DuBois

1 comment:

Mink said...

What's with the numbers at the bottom? It's like a festive mugshot ^_^ haha