Sunday, November 04, 2007



Word of the Day

Discrimihate - To set apart as being different and to place hate on at the same time.


He fixed it. HTP fixed the old coffee-maker. At least, it's working right now. He tells me that he found someone online who was having the same problem with his coffee-maker and.... Well...now our coffee-maker works and I have two...count 'em....two working coffee-makers on my counter. And...I have two full pots of fresh hot coffee. OK, one pot isn't quite full because I'm sipping on a cup but what I do know is this, there's going to be at least one cup of coffee left in one of those pots when I get home from church today...and this is a good thing. Between HTP and me, we often finish up one pot of coffee each morning and someone, either HTP or me, end up not making a second pot of coffee even though we'd really like to have at least one more cup of coffee...if it were there.

I find myself, yet again, blogging with a puppy at my feet. She did whine a bit this morning before I got her up to take her outside. I wish she'd do a bit more vocalizing to let me know her wants. I suppose I should be careful for what I wish for but it sure would be nice to have her tell me when she wants to go outside. It's not like there have been numerous puppy accidents inside the house but if she'd just let me know that she had to go outside, I'm sure I'd feel a lot more confident about letting her play at my feet while I'm roaming around the house.

HTP looked after Gypsy yesterday while I was at a jewelry party (Cookie Lee) hosted by one of my friends. I don't usually wear, much less buy, a whole lot of jewelry. I love earrings but I'm allergic to most metals and end up with my ears all raw and itchy after only an hour or so...even with gold. *sigh* I like rings but there are only so many rings that one can wear on one's hands...besides, there were no rings at the party. Lots of bracelets, necklaces, and earrings. I must say that the party was fun. A bit tiring because there really wasn't any place to sit down but fun. There was plenty to drink...but since I was driving, I stuck to one margarita and lots of water. There were nibbles to eat. I made an appetizer to share. (Hey Sis! I took your idea of that tortilla roll up and expanded it. Everyone loved it. I spread multi-grain tortillas with cream cheese, topped it with thinly sliced ham, and then spread a layer of pesto on top of the ham. Rolled it up. Cut it into bit-size portions. I ended up having to send my (your) pesto recipe to three of the women at the party.) Anyway, the hostess (kind of like a really well-dressed Tupperware party hostess), was really trolling to have other people host future parties with her. I declined but I may see if my next door neighbor may go in with me to hold one of these parties here in the neighborhood. Kind of like a meet and greet your neighbor thing. Actually, I hadn't planned on buying anything and most of the jewelry just wasn't anything that I would wear but...I did find something that had "ME" written all over it...so I bought it. Nothing was overly expensive so I didn't feel guilty about buying it....the set. Yes, I did buy the earrings even though I know they'll make my ears itch.

Murphyism of the Day

Glyme's Formula for Success


The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that, you've got it made.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

The wages of sin are unreported.

- Unknown

No comments: