Friday, November 02, 2007


Gypsy - October 2007

Word of the Day

Disconfect - To sterilize the piece of candy you dropped on the floor by blowing on it, somehow assuming this will "remove" all the germs.


We had someone working on repairing the ceiling of our patio for most of the day yesterday. He'll be coming back...any minute...to finish up this morning. I'm going to ask him to leave the plastic so when HTP and I prime and paint the ceiling, we won't end up with a total mess.

Unfortunately, with the gate open all day yesterday, I couldn't allow Gypsy her free reign of the backyard. Poor baby. We ended up having to take walks in the front yard on leash. Although she'd rather run around and play in the backyard, she settled for our walks. She'll have to wait another few days before she can run around and play freely in the backyard again. I think she doesn't like the plastic that is covering "her" patio and I had to bring her outdoor basket indoors and she's not to happy about that either. She's feeling conflicted and was reluctant to eat her dry dog food indoors or even drink her water until I moved that outdoors after the workman left. I'm afraid today will be a repeat of yesterday. And though HTP and I will get to the painting asap, I know it'll take at least another day or two before I can take up the plastic covering Gypsy's patio.

I had to go out and pick up my music at church yesterday. Our group is playing for the third service on Sunday. Nothing looks overly difficult....at least...I don't think so. I haven't done more that play the music in my head. Kind of like the Music Man's learning method. While I was out and about, I stopped to do some shopping. I needed to buy some more Puppy Cesar for Gypsy. Walmart. I also bought her a new toy. A wild turkey. A stuffed wild turkey (small...not life-sized). She loves it.

Murphyism of the Day

Jerry's Law


Just because everything is different doesn't mean anything has changed.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork.

- Edward Abbey (1927 - 1989)

No comments: