Thursday, November 29, 2007


My Charlie Brown Tree - Christmas 2006

Word of the Day

Dotcomedy - 1. An Internet venture boasting a hilarious failure. 2. A presentation where a doomed company is touted as a sure success; sometimes followed by evil laughter coming from a competing company.


We actually may get some rain in Arizona. The weather people here are beside themselves with excitement. News Alert! Call out the National Guard! There will be at least one idiot who decides to ignore all warnings, drive around barrier and end up having to be rescued from where he or she is sitting perched on the top of their car as water rushes down one of the washes here in Arizona. I'm only surmising this from the excited reporting of possible 1-3 inches of rain that the weatherman was predicting last night on TV. We actually may receive enough rain to make our SUV (Gator has to sit outside...exposed to the elements) look like it's been off-roading in the desert after a rainstorm.

I made my first pass at writing a Christmas letter yesterday. I've sent it to my editor (HTP). When I go out later today to make a run to the post office to buy Christmas stamps, I'll look for Christmas printer paper. I also need to go buy baking supplies so I can start my Christmas baking. I'm going to wait until this weekend before I even think about decorating the house for Christmas. This is my little way of rebelling. When the stores start putting up Christmas decorations before Halloween, I draw the line. This year I've decided to wait until December before I start dragging the Charlie Brown tree out of the garage.

This year I'm not going to buy live poinsettia plants as I have in the past. Gypsy has developed a disturbing habit of nibbling on plant leaves while she's outside. You'd think that the Turkey Stew that I let her sample yesterday would be enough for her. On a side note, she loved it. Good thing, I've got plenty of it for her. Oh well...to get back on the subject of Gypsy's pruning addiction, thankfully, she hasn't started on any poisonous plants. The oleanders are still out of the reach of her puppy teeth. However, she is keeping my natal plums pruned and has started on the lower leaves of my citrus trees. She's teething. I found a puppy tooth sitting in the middle of my bed...sans puppy. We'd been playing tug-a-war while we were watching TV last night. After putting her to bed, I found the tooth. Ewwwww!!!!!!

Murphyism of the Day

First Principle of Self-Determination


What you resist, you become.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Human beings are the only creatures that allow their children to come back home.

- Bill Cosby

No comments: