Wednesday, November 28, 2007


Puppy Gypsy - October 2007

Word of the Day

Dotbomb - 1. An Internet venture doomed to failure. 2. A presentation where a doomed company is touted as a sure success.


Gypsy seems to like retrieving HTP's discarded socks. She doesn't bother with them if he's actually wearing them. She did try to grab a clean pair that I was folding but I thought that she mistook the folded socks for a ball. I discouraged that right off. I haven't quite figured out her reasoning when it comes to HTP's dirty socks. She was sitting nicely in her basket under my desk and then she suddenly hopped out and retrieved one of HTP's socks that he'd taken off last night. And then back into the basket she hopped with her retrieved sock. I took it away and deposited it into the hamper. By the time I got back to my desk I could see that she'd hopped out of the basket to retrieve HTP's other sock. *sigh* I took this one away too and deposited it into the hamper. I got halfway back to my desk chair and then decided to get Gypsy's rope toy that she loves so much. She seems content now. I'm not sure if this is because Gypsy was offended by the fact that HTP leaves his dirty socks on the floor each night (I promise that he picks them up in the morning and puts them in the hamper all by himself) or if she just wanted something to play with in her basket under my desk....or maybe she just has a thing for dirty socks. She did this yesterday too. Oh...and she found a rubber band that was hiding under the bed.

We've got leftovers. I froze some of the roasted turkey because there is no way, no how, that we can eat all that turkey all by ourselves before it goes bad. HTP doesn't like the dark meat so...I'm thinking of making my own dog food from that. I've got that new cookbook that I mentioned in a previous blog and I also downloaded some recipes for dog food from the internet. I'm going to make her some Turkey Stew. I'll let you know if she likes it. From what I hear, if she doesn't, all I have to do is add some salt and pepper...and then HTP and I can eat it. I even made broth from the turkey carcass. The recipe calls for turkey broth. I figured that I could make my own turkey broth instead of buying it. And why buy and cook up turkey legs when I've already got two turkey legs already cooked up and lots of extra dark meat that HTP doesn't like anyway. Me? I actually do like dark meat but, as I said, there's only so much turkey I can eat. Besides, I have a whole frozen turkey that sitting in my freezer that I'll probably cook up for Christmas.

Besides making a belated Thanksgiving dinner yesterday, I also racked the Pomegranate Wine and the Prickly Pear Wine. I'll have to rack it again before the end of the year. At least I don't have to worry about it until all the Christmas preparations are completed. Maybe I'll recruit #1 son to help me. I was able to rack the wine on my own but I really wished I'd had another couple of hands. HTP was out getting some things that I needed for our dinner. So...anyway, I spilled a bit of the wine on the kitchen floor, which, of course, meant that I had to mop the floor or there would have been sticky stuff tracked all over the house. Yuck! Meanwhile...yesterday was Tuesday. Laundry Day. So...with all that going on, I still haven't been able to more than feel guilty about not getting my Christmas letter written. By now, I should have even started on my Christmas baking. *sigh* I'm behind again. And you know what? It'll get done...or everything that absolutely needs doing will get done.

Murphyism of the Day

Zappa's Law


There are two things on earth that are universal: hydrogen and stupidity.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Be wise with speed . A fool at forty is a fool indeed.

- Edward Young (1683 - 1765)

1 comment:

Mink said...

She must be like Todd. He just LOVES stinky shoes and socks. The stinkier the better.

Yesterday I removed the bandanna I was wearing during my workout and chucked it carelessly on the floor. All I can say is wow, that was one happy cat.