Saturday, November 03, 2007



Word of the Day

Discorsage- Removal of a corsage or to remove decorative flowers from someone.


Let's see...I started off my day with my coffee-maker croaking on me. It finally died. HTP and I have been eyeing it suspiciously since we got home from The Lake because it's been acting up. 10 cups instead of 12 cups. 8 cups instead of 12 cups. This morning I ended up with 2 cups instead of 12 cups. And yes, I did clean it. So, HTP got up to see if he could fix it and...he couldn't. He thinks there's something wrong with whatever moves the water from the reservoir up to the brewing mechanism. If HTP can't fix it, it can't be fixed. One of our local grocery/everything stores had a coffee-maker on sale but after doing some research, HTP and I decided that it would be more cost effective to actually go out and buy a new coffee-maker like the one we had which died. It doesn't leak. It doesn't make messes all over the counter. It's got a timer. It shuts itself off. It works...until it doesn't work. So...I went over to Walmart and bought a new Mr. Coffee and our old coffee-maker will double as an extra carafe when I need to make LOTS of coffee and a warming tray to keep said extra coffee hot. I did mention to HTP that he should come with me and we could pick up breakfast at Village Inn (located near Walmart) but he told me that what we saved by not going out to eat would pay for our new coffee-maker. And...actually...he was right, but it costs more to eat at Village Inn than to buy a new coffee-maker (at least the coffee-maker I bought). I refuse to spend tons of money on a coffee-maker which will end up dying within a few years anyway.

After breakfast, HTP and I painted primer on the ceiling of our patio. I did the edging work. HTP manned the roller. Just getting the primer coat on will be enough exercise for one day. All that hefting and moving and climbing up and down of the ladder wore me out. Besides, I've got to get ready for a "jewelry party" that one of my friends is helping to host and I want to change out of my painting clothes and wash my hair. I'm still peeling primer flecks off my hands...and arms. I covered my hair with a scarf so I think that escaped unscathed...though I was planning to wash it anyway. By the way, when did primer and paint get to be so expensive? When HTP and I went to pick up our paint yesterday we were hit with severe sticker shock. $30 - $40 per gallon? Wow! I hope it lives up to its price tag. We'll work on finishing up our painting project tomorrow. Poor Gypsy wants her patio back to normal (no plastic) and while we're doing the actual painting, she has to stay cooped up in her kennel. Poor baby. I figured it was better for her to remain out of the way of moving ladders and splattering primer/paint.

Murphyism of the Day

O'Brien's Law


Nothing is done for the right reasons.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Television has raised writing to a new low.

-- Samuel Goldwyn (1882 - 1974)

No comments: