Saturday, November 17, 2007




Word of the Day

Doltergeist - Any spirit that decides to haunt someplace stupid, such as your septic tank.


After breakfast I planned to take a load of things to Savers and, of course, check out their merchandise. The things that I planned to donate were accumulated when HTP and I cleaned our garage the other day. So, I got into the car and "click,click,click". The battery was dead on our SUV. *sigh* So, I unloaded all the stuff from the Gator and loaded it into the Chevy. (Note to self: Call AAA on Monday to jump start the Gator.) I'd planned to pick up my friend at 10:30 AM and was really afraid that I'd be late after the dead battery incident but traffic was on my side. After donating my stuff (they give you a coupon with each donation for $5 off in the store), my friend and I went shopping at Savers. Our coupons were burning a hole in our pockets. Besides, it's fun to shop at Savers. I bought 14 new shirts/sweaters, a soap dish, and a cute Christmas hanging. Shopping at Savers is one of my addictions. Some people have closets full of shoes.... Actually, I don't have closets full of clothes but my wardrobe is constantly recycled as I buy and donate used clothing. I love sorting through the racks on a sort of treasure hunt for gently worn or even never worn shirts and sweaters that I know someone else paid big bucks at the malls for new and I'm only paying $5 or less. OK. Today I did pay a bit more for one of my finds. I found this brand new, never worn, embroidered fall sweater. Gorgeous. I paid $12 for it. I know that it had to have been $60 at Dillards. One person's trash is another's treasure don'tcha know. I don't feel bad about getting bored with something that I buy at Savers. I may even take a few fashion risks. If I'm tired of it, I didn't pay all that much for it, I don't have to think twice about donating it right on back to Savers. Now...all I have to do is pick out 14 shirts/sweaters that I have in my closet that I'm tired of wearing to set aside for the next time I go to Savers.

*I discovered a use for those shoulder pads that I cut out of a couple of shirts that I bought today. Gypsy loves them. It's a win win situation. I get a new shirt and Gypsy gets a new toy. You can't hardly beat it.*

HTP is still unpacking his stuff into his new office. Everything had to come out of his desk before we could take it apart and then move it. We tackled that Herculean task yesterday. After moving the desk, setting up the bed in the new guest room was nothing. I've got the bed made up in the guest room and I just need to hang up some pictures to make things cozy. I'll be happy when all this moving about stuff is settled down and everything is back to normal. I do know that HTP is really happy with his new office. I can't believe we actually were able to move that desk. What a beast!

Murphyism of the Day

Morris's Law


Anyone can admit to themselves they were wrong - the true test is admitting it to someone else.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

It's hard to be nostalgic when you can't remember anything.

- Unknown

No comments: