Wednesday, February 20, 2008


Poor Puppy Picture - February 21, 2008

Word of the Day

Frankfluid - The liquid at the bottom of hot dog packages.


I still haven't found an opportunity to take any "Poor Puppy" pictures. Gypsy is doing just fine. She's actually walking pretty well with her two bright pink casts. On occasion I will have to untangle her legs when they get away from her but I no longer have to stabilize her by holding her tail. When we go outside I've devised a method of covering them with plastic bags which I anchor with baby socks. The plastic keeps Gypsy's casts clean and dry. The socks pull up over the plastic bags to keep the bags in place. Thankfully, I bought some plain white baby socks that I planned to put crocheted lace on for Ms. En. I don't think Ms. En will mind lending a pair of her socks (laceless socks)to poor Gypsy. I couldn't figure out any other way to keep the plastic bags on Gypsy's casts while she's outside taking care of business.

Gypsy is doing quite well. She doesn't complain of any pain though I have been giving her medication for such an event which was provided by the doctor. Besides, Gypsy just isn't a complaining sort of puppy. Right now she's content to be back sitting at my side or at my feet. And of course, I am more than content to have her back sitting at my side or at my feet. I'll have to watch her closely for a while. I noted that she's starting to want to do forbidden things like jumping and running. Ain't happening. Not on my watch. Though I'm glad to see that she's feeling well enough to do these things, I don't want her to do anything to undo the fine work that was done by the surgeon. She needs to heal correctly or all of this will have been for nothing. I'm relieved to discover that so far my fears when it comes to taking care of Gypsy during this recovery period have been unfounded. Knock on wood, things will remain uneventful.

Murphyism of the Day

Minsky's Maxim


No computer has ever been designed that is ever aware of what it's doing, but most of the time, we aren't either.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Natural ability without education has more often attained to glory and virtue than education without natural ability.

- Cicero (106 BC - 43 BC)

No comments: