Wednesday, February 27, 2008


Stay!...even if the doorbell rings and Old Grey Frog has to go and answer it!


Word of the Day

Frito Laylien - Any green potato chip believed to have traveled from a far off galaxy and invaded a bag of earthling potato chips. Occasionally found to travel in groups.


It seems that all winter long we've had a different bugman every month. With today's bugman, that makes five. Same company, different guys. I'm not sure if I like this. This morning's bugman actually called to get directions? Made me feel a bit weird. We've got Orkin, not some fly by night outfit. Oh well...only a couple more months before HTP and I head north for the summer.

HTP has left to go out for lunch with one of his friends. Me? I'm keeping an eye on the bugman and Gypsy. I'm sure Gypsy would go off with Mr. Bugman or anyone else for that matter. She loves everyone. Not a watch dog. As for training, she's doing quite well with her "stay" and "in the box". I didn't have to put her back into her box one time this morning as I made breakfast or as HTP and I sat down to breakfast. Smart little puppy. Oops! My smart puppy ignored her "stay" command and followed me to the door when the doorbell just rang. *sigh* Looks like this may take a while. I may have to enlist the help of our neighbor in my training. Distractions.

I think said smart puppy is getting her pretty pink casts off tomorrow. Appointment tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

Murphyism of the Day

Bradley's Bomide


If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee-than will do them in.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Wagner's music is better than it sounds.

- Edgar Wilson Nye (1850 - 1896)

No comments: