Tuesday, February 05, 2008


Old Grey's Magic Puff Balls

Word of the Day

Flotion - The tendency when sharing a waterbed to undulate for five minutes every time the other person moves.


I had to cover my plants last night. Despite the fact that the forecast told me that the low last night, here in my neck of the desert, was only supposed to get down to 33°F, I decided not to risk the one degree to freezing gamble. I covered my plants. I woke up this morning to find that my thermometer did indeed read 33°F....however, not ten minutes later I glanced over at the thermometer and there it was, 32°F. I'm sure there is some kind of scientific reasoning an all that which will explain why the temperatures always seem to drop as the sun starts to rise but I only know what I know. I expected that slight temperature drop. A drop that would have nipped some of my tender plants. It's supposed to get colder tonight so I might as well leave the sheets where they are until tomorrow. Thankfully, it's supposed to start warming up. Thankfully, I don't have that many plants that need covering anymore.

I bought myself one of those temperpedic pillows last month. The store had them on sale. Those pillows are very comfortable, by the way. HTP doesn't understand why I like it but it's far more comfortable than you'd expect from how heavy the thing is. Besides, HTP hasn't tried it. I only bought one. Mine. It actually resembles an old, smooshed down, unmoldable polyester-fill pillow like those you see in hospitals and cheap motels. MC Daughter is the one that recommended the thing. I think DD Daughter recommended it too. I decided to give it a try and it's far more comfortable than any of my down-filled pillows. Weird but true. Having told you all this....

I must say that since I bought my new pillow, I seem to dream a lot. At least, I seem to dream and remember the dreams. Anyway, last night's dream was all about my hopping off a city bus which I took to go to college. The college where I went to school when I was the same age as #1 Son. Actually...the same college too. For some reason I didn't have any problems commuting to college but when it came to finding the bus that would take me home...there was the rub. I couldn't seem to be sure which bus was the right bus that would take me home. A reasoning soul, I asked the people around me if they could tell me what bus would take me where I needed to go but no-one seemed to want to talk to me. So, I went to where there was this phone with a sign that told you to pick it up if you wanted information about the bus and bus schedule. I picked it up and asked someone for information about which bus I'd need to get on and was frustrated because the idiot on the phone was totally unhelpful. She was rude to the extreme. Reminded me of one of those very helpful DMV employees who you need to deal with when you go in to renew your driver's license. There was no way that I was getting any helpful information from this woman. People were getting on their bus and I couldn't be sure which bus I needed to board because there was no indications as to where they were going. Just numbers. And then finally, weirdly enough, I remembered that I lived just down the block from a car dealer and there was this car dealership right down the block from where I was standing. I actually marched right up to the owner of the dealership and asked him which bus I would have to take to get to where he lived because we were neighbors. And he told me. I was in the wrong place. I needed to go around the corner and down a couple of blocks. He even gave me the number of the bus. Whatever....and then I woke up and sat there thinking that the whole dream didn't make much sense because I'd taken the bus to thi college which is located in Minnesota and I ended up looking for a bus that would take me to where I live now in Arizona. And, yes, I live a couple of miles from the owner of one of the major car dealerships here in Arizona. And that ain't no bull. Oh well...at least this wasn't one of those dreams where I can't reach the brake pedal on the car.

Murphyism of the Day

Rives's Rule


Everything falls apart on the same day.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

One can survive everything, nowadays, except death, and live down everything except a good reputation.

- Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

No comments: