Friday, February 22, 2008


MC Daughter - February 1981

Word of the Day

Fraznit - Any string hanging from an article of clothing, which when pulled causes the article to completely unravel.


It's MC Daughter's birthday today!

Happy


Birthday


MC Daughter!



I've got to clean the house today and tomorrow. We've got friends coming over for dinner on Sunday. I haven't been doing too much cleaning since Gypsy's surgery. I've concentrated my attention on taking care of her....not the house. I was actually considering canceling the dinner but Gypsy is doing well enough that I don't think there will be any problems. Aside from cleaning the house, all that I'll need to do is cook the spaghetts and make some knots (a knotted breadstick, drizzled in garlic butter). Strawberries are on sale right now at the grocery store. I'm thinking of doing something with strawberries for dessert. I'll have to think on it a while because one of my friends is allergic to milk so I won't be able to serve a strawberry shortcake or tiramisu. I'll have to hit the recipe books and do some research.

As stated before, Gypsy is doing quite well. She's doing so well that I'm having to really watch now so that she doesn't hurt herself. She's still a puppy and she doesn't understand. She wants to run and scamper about and the casts aren't slowing her down much anymore. She's learned how to work with them. I have to be quick and grab her as soon as I see that mischievious look in her eyes and the first beginnings of a scamper. Right now she's sitting under my computer but I know she'll try to follow me around the house when I start my cleaning project. I suppose that's what the kennel is for...kind of like a playpen or crib for a baby. A way to contain and secure. I actually found myself referring to the Gypsy's kennel as a crib this morning. "Time to go into the crib...I mean kennel." I know. I'm losing it. All my children are out of the nest and I've adopted a baby. Gypsy. And you know something? You all can laugh at me because I know I am.

Murphyism of the Day

Thompson's Steady State Theory


The steady state of disks is full.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him.

- Galileo Galilei (1564 - 1642)

No comments: