Sunday, February 03, 2008


Willie Caught the Big One - Summer 2007

Word of the Day

Flish - 1. To wish you could fly. 2. To wish you could swim as well as a fish. 3. To throw oneself down onto something and flop wildly while allowing oneself to go wherever gravity takes them.


I learned that the piece of music that I was missing in my folder had 5 sharps. *Groan* I never had a chance to more than quickly write in a rough translation before the service. The music director had to find and print a copy of the music for me. Talk about sight reading. I'm not fond of it but I'm really not fond of it when we're talking about five or six sharps. Oh well...the most forgiving audiences can be found in churches. I also found out that the church orchestra will be practicing on the next two Sundays. I picked up the music today. I think I may be playing on one of the Lenten services in a couple of weeks too. I hope it won't be another sight-reading incident. The music director hasn't selected anything yet.

You'd think I'd learn. When I got home from church, I mixed up a batch of my homemade salsa. I decided that HTP and I may not watch the Super Bowl, but that doesn't mean that we can't have munchies for supper. Chicken wings, shrimp, chips and dips. So, I made homemade salsa because mine tastes a lot better for dipping. I also made some homemade onion dip...but that's besides the point. Anyway, I forgot to take my contact lenses out until after I made the salsa. Big mistake! It felt like I'd dropped acid in my eyes. There's one pair of disposible lenses that had to be discarded. There's no getting around (and this I have learned) the fact that the acids from hot peppers and onion oil just doesn't come out of a contact lens after you've contaminated it. I should have taken the contact lenses out BEFORE I made the salsa. *sigh*

I received my contest books. Five books to judge. Five new books? Well...no. Actually, I discovered that I'd already read two of the five. I'll have to re-read them now because when I read them the first time I didn't keep the judging criteria in mind. Besides, I read those two books over a month ago. I can't remember every nuance of every book that I've ever read. I read too many books to remember ALL of them. I'll get started on reading the contest books in a day or two. I've got plenty of time and maybe this will keep me out of trouble when HTP and I go to Vegas later this month.

Murphyism of the Day

The Betamax Principle


If there are two competing and incompatible technologies on the market, the inferior technology will prevail.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

When we seek for connection, we restore the world to wholeness. Our seemingly separate lives become meaningful as we discover how truly necessary we are to each other.

- Margaret Wheatley

No comments: