Saturday, February 23, 2008



Word of the Day

Freaky deaky - Wickedly weird.


Gypsy decided that she had to go outside at the butt-early time of 3 AM. I was hoping, since I had to get up at 3 AM, don a jacket and shoes because there's no way that I'm going outside at 3 AM in just my nightshirt with bare feet,....I was hoping that I would be able to sleep in until maybe 8 AM. Hah! Gypsy woke me up at 7 AM. Oh well...what's an hour between friends. She didn't even have to go outside at 7 AM. She was hungry. *sigh* Gypsy has a nice way of apologizing. She lavished me with puppy kisses at both 3 AM and 7 AM. Do you know how hard it is to go back to sleep after you've been lavished with puppy kisses and then go outside to stand in the cold?

I've been cleaning the house. The kitchen is done...except for washing the floor. I'll wait until last for that because I'm sure to spill something when I make the spaghetti sauce or when I make the knots. The floor can wait until tomorrow. I scrubbed down the countertops, stovetop, microwaves, and other appliances. Come to think of it, I'll probably have to scrub down the stovetop and countertops after I finish cooking but.... Unfortunately, this job isn't all that rewarding because it never looks like you've actually done anything after you've completed your task. Everything is clean but there's no real blaring before and after picture. Oh well...next comes dusting. I think I'll use my lemon-scented Pledge. The smell tends to linger and it lets everyone know that you've been working up a sweat while cleaning. Of course, the dust will just settle back down and make everything look dusty still but at least things will smell like I've made an effort...except...I'm making spaghetti for dinner tomorrow. The over-powering perfume put out by the garlic is going to cover all other "clean" smells. My house will end up smelling like HTP's Grandma's house no matter what I do.

Oh well...I'll still do the dusting, with the Pledge. I'm just taking a break to blog and then wash my hair. Besides, I want to give Gypsy a break from her kennel. She's chewing on her turkey right now. Poor thing. The turkey....well...Gypsy too.

Murphyism of the Day

The Upgrade Principle


The upgrade will break down as soon as the old version is deleted.

Corollary

The old version will no reinstall.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn't people feel as free to delight in whatever sunlight remains to them?

- Rose Kennedy

No comments: