Saturday, February 09, 2008




Word of the Day

Flutterby - A butterfly.


Despite our restrictive diet, I made American fries this morning. I had a couple of leftover baked potatoes that needed using. Normally I make egg white omelots served with a single piece of whole wheat toast and some salsa to spice things up a bit. On weekends, I'll make fried eggs and maybe some Italian sausage. This morning, instead of meat, I fried up the potatoes with a bit of onion and some green pepper. Tasted great! A wonderful way to use up leftover baked potatoes. It almost makes me want to bake up potatoes just so I can use them as leftovers.

I finished reading all my contest books and have my judging sheet all ready to go into the mail. *sigh* Now what? I have nothing new to read. I'll have to dig around in my bookshelves again for something worthy of re-reading. I do have other things that need doing but I'm putting those things off until later. I'm feeling lazy....as usual. However, Gypsy does need a bath. I like to make sure that she's really nice and clean when I bring her to visit my folks. Besides, it's a lot nicer traveling for six hours in the car with a clean dog than traveling in a car for six hours with a stinky dog. Thankfully, Gypsy doesn't seem to mind baths...too much.

Murphyism of the Day

Greer's Law


A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Man is tormented by no greater anxiety than to find someone quickly to whom he can hand over that great gift of freedom with which the ill-fated creature is born.

- Fyodor Dostoevsky (1821 - 1881)

No comments: