Monday, February 04, 2008


Gypsy - January 2008

Word of the Day

Flopcorn - The unpopped kernels at the bottom of the cooker.


It's raining. Gypsy just told me that she wanted to go outside. OK. My dog can't actually tell me in so many words that she wanted to go outside but she can indicate that she wants to go outside. Gypsy does not like rain. I knew that she wouldn't want to go outside if she knew it was raining. It's not like I didn't take her outside earlier. She expressed her total disgust that the patio was all wet. The look she gave me this morning when I took her outside made actual puppy words unnecessary. "Ewww! The floor is all wet. My paws are getting wet! What?! Are you crazy or something? Can't you feel that it's raining out here?" Despite all that, she didn't remember and I got the same look when I set her outside just now. NO. I'm not crazy. It's raining out there and she can do her business just as well without me standing out there getting wet along side her. I let her back in when she scratched on the door. The third time after I noted that she did indeed take care of pressing business. Happily, she is again sitting in her box under my computer. I expect that the next time she has to go outside she'll again forget about the rain. Who knows? Maybe by then it will have stopped and she'll be a happy camper...despite the wet patio floor.

HTP and I did watch the Super Bowl yesterday. With no pony in the race, it didn't really make any difference to me which team won. We munched on chips and dips, hot wings, and shrimp while we enjoyed the commercials. We cheered when the Giants got the first score. Then we cheered when the Patriots go the first touchdown. Then we cheered for the Giants again because they were behind. And then we cheered for the Patriots when they were behind. And then we cheered for the Giants again when they got that last touchdown. And felt a little bad for the Patriots because they lost after their perfect season. But...I'm glad the Giants won because for some reason it made me feel better that the Packers lost to them. Anyway, HTP and I had fun watching the game and the commercials. I think my favorite was the FedEx commercial with the pigeons.

Murphyism of the Day

Lee's Law of Electrical Repair


The simpler it looks, the more problems it hides.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Live neither in the past nor in the future, but let each day's work absorb your entire energies, and satisfy your widest ambition.

- Sir William Osler (1849 - 1919)

No comments: