Tuesday, February 12, 2008


The Lake

Word of the Day

Fourple - Consisting of four parts or members; quadruple.


I started pruning our trees in the backyard yesterday afternoon. If the garbage can wasn't so full of clippings I might, even now, be outside pruning the one remaining tree outside. I guess I'll have to wait until next week. I love working outside in the backyard, especially when the weather is being so obliging but I don't have a handy forest surrounding me where I can haul away the debris like I have at The Lake.

Where has the time gone today? HTP and I have been running around town all morning. Errands seem to take longer and longer these days. HTP had an eye appointment. That took most of the time. It never seems to matter what time your appointment is because the doctors always make you wait at least an additional half hour. I felt sorry for this one couple who had been waiting for over an hour. What's with that?! Of course, I have no idea who their doctor was or why they were there but....? Anyway, knowing how long these things take, I brought along a book to read. I finished the book at the same time that HTP was done with his appointment.

Since we were out and about HTP and I stopped at Crazy's (Oriental buffet with sushi) for lunch before we continued on with our errands. Sushi. Crazy's has a nice selection of sushi. Enough that the sushi craving has been quieted for another little while and I doubt we'll be hungry for supper tonight.

After lunch we headed on to Eyemasters to pick out a new pair of frames for HTP. Normally you can order your glasses there and pick them up in a couple of hours. This wasn't the situation today. I guess the tech in the back was really backed up today so HTP will have to pick up his new glasses tomorrow afternoon sometime. I wish they would have been done today but wishes aren't horses so poor men won't ride. We'll have to add it to the errand list for tomorrow. Sometimes it's really nice to have two cars.

We finally completed all our errands for today by 3 PM. I have no idea why all our errands seem to be grouping themselves on one or two days in February. Oh well...makes life interesting. All our errands are done for today and I'm working on laundry. Tomorrow is another day.

Murphyism of the Day

Robbin's Rule


One good reason why computers can do more work than people is that they never have to stop and answer the phone.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)

No comments: