Saturday, December 16, 2006

Myspace Layouts
Myspace Christmas Graphics


Word of the Day

Womble - Wasting time.



#1 Son - 1989?

8 Days and a WAKE UP and it'll be Christmas!

I hate making spritz! Once upon a time I could make spritz with no difficulty at all. Once upon a time....before my husband's mother used my spritz maker. It's never been the same since that time. My wonderful #1 son tried really hard to find another spritz maker (cookie press) that was exactly like that one. He actually succeeded. Unfortunately, those don't seem to work well either. I think I'm developing a spritz making phobia. Maybe it's just me? My trees kind of look like trees. My wreaths kind of look like wreaths. However, I won't even go into what my dogs and camels look like. I made double batches of vanilla spritz and almond spritz. They taste good and that's about all I can say for them. As I was washing up the spritz makers (yes, I own several and tried most of them), I noticed that one of the spritz makers actually bit me. Really. One of my fingers was bleeding copiously. After spending hours making spritz, I didn't even care anymore. It was just part and parcel of the whole. I started making spritz as soon as I finished with the gingerbread cookies yesterday. I finished the whole mess at around 7 PM. I need a new spritz maker (cookie press). I need one that really works. I need one that actually presses out a cookie that looks like what you want it to look like AFTER it's baked. They taste really good. That'll have to do for this year.

So, as I was chatting hysterically about my developing spritz-making phobia over the phone with Arizona Daughter, she asked me if I'd ever been to a restaurant supply store. Can't say that I've ever been to one. I'd really love to get a "professional" cookie press that would produce a "professional" looking result that would live up to my expectations. Sigh. Maybe next year. At this point, I'm breaking into a cold sweat just thinking about spritz. I was never so happy as to store the cookie presses back into the garage for another year.

I'm meeting Arizona Daughter and her husband, TJ, at the Mall later today. More shopping. Afterwards, they're going to come over here to help me decorate cookies. I'm rewarding them with steaks on the grill. I've got a lot of cookies that need decorating. Maybe I'll get to the candy making today as well. Oh...and the fruitcake bars. I really don't have too much baking to do anymore. List please? Pizzelle, fruitcake bars, sugarless Russian teacakes (I'm still waiting for the sugar substitute to come in the mail), peanut brittle, fudge, sugarless brownies.

I still need to wrap presents. I still need to decorate the tree. I may only have a smidge more than a week remaining but I have reinforcements coming. Arizona Daughter and her husband are going to help make a dent in the cookie decorating tonight. My folks are coming tomorrow. #1 son will be here next week.

Murphyism of the Day

Planner's Rule


An exception granted becomes a right expected the next time it is granted.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

"Traditionally, most of Australia's imports come from overseas." --Keppel Enderbery

1 comment:

Mink said...

Can't be '89. We didn't move there until '91.