Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Word of the Day

Whizdumb - Game show loser.


Old Grey Frog, DD Daughter and Santa - 1980


On the Seventh Day of Getting Ready for Christmas....

To be honest, I'm here in Las Vegas. HTP and I hit the road at around 8 AM yesterday and after making stops to walk the dogs and making stops to walk HTP and me, arrived in Las Vegas at around 2 PM. We gained an hour as we crossed The Dam. Traffic wasn't bad. The new SS was a wonder to drive. Passing was incredibly easy. She took the curves like a dream.

My folks are taking care of our dogs while we're here. It's incredibly wonderful of them to do this for us. The pet-sitter that took care of our dogs while we were in Denver is nice but expensive. I'm thinking of looking for someone in our neighborhood that might be able to help us out for those times when we can't take our dogs with us. I hate kenneling the dogs. Kennels are even more expensive than the pet-sitter.

Sam's Town is all decked out for Christmas. Penguins. Polar Bears. A huge Christmas tree in the indoor park. It's Rodeo time in Vegas. We're hearing lots of country western Christmas carols. We're seeing lots of men in cowboy hats and boots. HTP and I were supposed to go to the rodeo for a couple of nights but HTP's back is still bothering him so we decided that we'd give our tickets to someone on the waiting list for tickets.

We ate at Billy Bob's last night. Fellini's is the plan for tonight. I'm not sure if I'll be able to blog tomorrow. I'll try. I'm learning how to use the new explorer on the laptop before HTP installs it on my home computer. The dial-up modem is darn slow so down-loading e-mails takes FOREVER! Posting my blog takes a long time too. Oh...and I forgot my Murphy's Law Book so I'm going to have to suspend that portion of my blog until I get home.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

"I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers. We are the president."--Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents.




No comments: