Thursday, December 07, 2006

Word of the Day

Whompdinger - Out of this world.


Arizona Daughter, DD Daughter and Santa - 1983?

On the Eighth Day of Getting Ready for Christmas.....

I'm up here in the room blogging because luck hasn't been on my side. I prefer to keep my losses to a minimum. Plus, I've been feeling guilty about not getting ready for Christmas. I really need to get the Christmas letters editted and ready for printing so I can hit the ground running when HTP and I get back home. I have all the cards that I'll need. Stamps. I need to get some stamps. I guess that'll have to happen on Monday. So, while I'm up in the room, I'm enjoying a nice glass of Ruffino Riserva Ducale Chianti Classico...leftover from last night's dinner at Fellini's.

We're meeting my folks for supper tonight. Billy Bob's. I love the oysters. Mom and I battle over them so I plan to get a couple of dozen for us to share. Wine or Beer? I guess I'll leave that decision to my folks. The food at Billy Bob's? It's OK. They may cook all the juices out of their meat and overcook the lobster and saw the crablegs in half so that they're almost impossible to eat but at least they can't mess up the oysters...if they're fresh.

We're heading back home tomorrow after breakfast. I'm not sure if I'll have the energy to blog once we get home. If I blog, I blog. If not...Saturday is soon enough. Lots to do. Lots to do.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

"That lowdown scoundrel deserves to be kicked to death by a jackass, and I'm just the one to do it," --A democratic congressional candidate in Texas.

No comments: