Sunday, December 17, 2006

Myspace Layouts
Myspace Christmas Graphics


Word of the Day

Wondermous - A cross between wonderful and outrageous



Arizona Daughter, #1 Son, and DD Daughter in their Christmas Finest


7 Days and a WAKE UP and it'll be Christmas!

Last night Arizona Daughter and her husband came over for supper. Arizona Daughter decorated ALL of my gingerbread cookies! Woohoo! She shoo'ed me out of the kitchen and took care of the whole project for me. Her designs are totally hilarious. I love it.

This morning I cleaned up and cleared. I sorted cookies and put them into tins for gifting. I still have to decorate brown sugar cookies but I may save that task for tonight. After supper. In the meantime, I've made the fruitcake bars. One recipe. I may make another one but there's no real hurry now. I made four batches of fudge. Two with chopped walnuts and two with chopped pecans. And now, I'm making peanut brittle. I've got two batches made and cooling on my silpats. I'll have to wait for them to cool before I make the next batches. I only have two silpats...which is more that some people have. I love silpats. Silicon matts. I use them even more than I thought I would. They really simplify things. I also love my special rubber scrapers which aren't rubber at all. They're silicon which doesn't melt when you go to scrap the lava hot candy from the bowl.

My parents are coming today. I have no idea when they'll get here. Just in case, I'm leaving my dinner-making options open. Steak...like last night? Crablegs? My Dad hates crablegs but I could grill him a steak. Surf and turf. I'm going to have to run out to the grocery store again. This is becoming an every day thing. But, I need lemons!

Murphyism of the Day

McKernan's Maxim


Those who are unable to learn from the past meetings are condemned to repeat them.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

"Your food stamps will be stopped effective March 1992 because we received
notice that you passed away. May God bless you. You may reapply if there is
a change in your circumstances." --Department of Social Services, Greenville, South Carolina

No comments: