Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Myspace Layouts
Myspace Layouts


Word of the Day

Xylophobia - Extreme fear of hearing wooden mallets striking wooden blocks.


Only Four Full Days Until 2007

Santa brought me a brand new cell phone for Christmas. Santa brought HTP a brand new cell phone for Christmas too. They match. They're cute little red flip phones. I've already had to temporarily mark my phone so we can tell them apart. I'll have to see if I can find a way to personalize my cell phone so we don't get confused. My new cell phone has a Wisconsin phone number. HTP's cell phone has an Arizona telephone number. I was a bit confused about this but HTP tells me that this way whoever needs to call us locally doesn't need to pay long distance charges if they're calling us from a landline. I guess that means that we'll be using HTP's cell phone when we're here in Arizona and mine when we're at The Lake. I'll think about that one later. So, anyway, I've been spending my time since getting the new cell phone, reading the owner's manual and programing in phone numbers from the list of people that I actually might call on occasion. I hate reading these manuals. I liked my old phone. I was used to my old phone. Just when I get used to something, I have to start all over and get used to something new. Oh well...use your brain or lose it I guess.

This Old Frog is just going to have to use her grey matter and learn something new. Our old cell phone is going to go away...they keep reminding me...they just won't shut up about it. We still have our old cell phone, but only until the end of March. The company offered to give us a free phone and we'd be able to keep phone number and all our compiled roll-over minutes but guess what? We discovered that the new phone that they wanted to give us wouldn't work at The Lake. HTP and I need a phone that will work at The Lake. HTP likes me to carry it when I go berry picking...just in case. So, HTP did some research and decided that despite all our compiled roll-over minutes and the offer of a free phone, we'd change to a different phone company. This morning, I loaded the last of my pre-pay phone cards onto the old cell phone. I have 260 minutes of talk time available to use up before the end of March. I have no idea who I'm going to talk to for 260 minutes but I have the minutes so I'll wait until the end of March before I start using the pre-paid minutes on my new phone. Yes, we're sticking with a "pay as you go" cell phone plan. Different company. There's no rollover minutes. The minutes we pre-pay for remain on the phone unless we actually use the phone. I actually think that this new phone will end up costing us less than our old phone in the long run. That's why Santa generously decided to bring us two phones for Christmas...even though we only really needed the one. We only use our cell phone for emergencies. Why do I need to keep loading more minutes onto my phone every three months when I never used an n-th of the minutes that I loaded onto it three months previously?

Long and short? HTP and I now have two brand new phone numbers which I'm going to have to memorize....oh...and the one for the car, so I guess that's a total of three more new phone numbers I'll have to memorize. I never thought I'd live to see the day when I'd actually have store in the memory banks of my brain six active phone numbers that all belong to me and HTP. Good Grief! Six phone numbers?! I'm going to have to start carrying a card in my wallet...there's no way I'm going to be able to keep these straight. I just know that I'll end up calling the car when I mean to call HTP.

Murphyism of the Day

First Law of Money Dynamics


A surprise monetary windfall will be accompanied by an unexpected expense at the same time.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."

No comments: