Sunday, August 26, 2007


Bald Eagle at The Lake - Picture taken by T-Square, Spring 2003

Word of the Day

Convercide - The act of killing of a conversation with a terrible comment.


The eagles have landed. Actually, the fledgling eagles have left their nest and are learning to fly, land, and hunt. As I type this, I'm listening to their distinctive screeing calls. I did take a picture of the one that landed in the old oak tree that stands by our deck but my camera just doesn't have that kind of telephoto abilities. It's hard to judge from my photo the size of these huge birds. It's a really big and tall oak tree. I'll have to walk our dog Muggsy on leash for a while. I don't trust that the fledglings will care that Muggsy is a little dog and not something tasty to eat.

I played Wii again yesterday. #1 Son brought his game up to The Lake and tells me that I can keep it up here and even take it back to Arizona when we return to warmer climes. A couple of his room-mates already have the Wii game and #1 Son figured that there was no point in redundancy. I had fun beating everyone in bowling and I got a bit of a workout from tennis and baseball. #1 Son set up the game so that it'll be easy for me to play whenever I'd like. Hopefully, it will help me to lose some weight. We'll have to see. I wonder if I can get my Mom or sister over here to bowl with me?

MC Daughter cooked supper last night. Steaks on the grill, corn on the cob, salad. Wonderful. We had cake and ice cream for dessert. I had one ear of corn, only a third of my steak, and all of my salad. I did have some ice cream but no cake so I figure I'm haven't dug myself too far into a grave with my teeth. You just can't diet all the time. And guess what? I don't plan to diet at all when I'm in Laughlin.

Laughlin? HTP and I are leaving for Laughlin at 0Dark:30 on Thursday. Warning. I don't plan to blog while we're in Laughlin...unless HTP pays the $10/day internet charge at our hotel while we're there. The rules for dial-up at the hotel where we plan to stay would make using the dial-up modem prohibitive...unless things have changed since the last time we were there a year ago. I'll have to practice my video poker before we go. I'm ahead of myself. We won't be leaving until early Thursday morning. I've got lots to do between now and then.

Murphyism of the Day

Lorenz's Law of Mechanical Repair


After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

She used to drag her mattress beside her low window and lie awake for a long while, vibrating with excitement, as a machine vibrates from speed. Life rushed in upon her through that window - or so it seemed. In reality, of course, life rushes from within, not from without. There is no work of art so big or so beautiful that is was not once all contained in some youthful body, like this one which lay on the floor in the moonlight, pulsing with ardor and anticipation. -- Willa Cather

No comments: