Wednesday, August 08, 2007




Word of the Day

Commucapitalist - A political affiliation that crosses between a communist and a capitalist ideal. It is often used in describing the current state of Chinese society.


My finger is still sore but it's better. My hand is still somewhat swollen. There is no way that I could have removed my ring. It becomes more than apparent that I'm not a good hunt and peck typist. I kept getting antihistamine cream all over my keyboard.

I went over to my folks' place this morning. They were cleaning out their garage and wanted to know if my sister or I wanted any of the stuff they had set out for donation before they took it to St. Vincent's. I took some stuff for MC Daughter and D Buddy along with some stuff for me...or #1 Son. MC Daughter is going to need some more paint stripper. I saved a couple of chairs for her that match a child chair down in my basement...only these are adult chairs. They belonged to MC Daughter's Great-Grandma D.

I'd really like to go out blackberry picking again but I think I'll wait until my finger feels better.

I picked my first eggplant. Since it looks like I'm going to have LOTS of eggplant this year, I printed out LOTS of recipes. I'm waffling between making Mediterranean Chicken with Eggplant or Ziti and Eggplant or Eggplant Chips or Tater-Dipped Eggplant. I hate making decisions! They all sound great!

Murphyism of the Day

Murphy's Sixth Law of Food


Ovens either overcook or undercook. Microwave ovens overcook and undercook at the same time.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Too many of us look upon Americans as dollar chasers. This is a cruel libel, even if it is reiterated thoughtlessly by the Americans themselves.

-- Albert Einstein

No comments: