Saturday, August 25, 2007


Willie Showing Off the Powers of His Shirt - Summer 2007

Word of the Day

Contradick - One who gainsays another person (contradicts them) primarily to make them look foolish, unwise, uncool, or otherwise bad.


Oh, what a beautiful morning, Oh, what a beautiful day....

It's absolutely beautiful outside today. Blue skies, weather in the mid-70's, sunny, a light breeze. Perfect. It's weather like this that draws people to the coastal areas of California. I get all the benefits of California weather AND I get to stay right here at The Lake without having to deal with all the California fruits and nuts. I only have to deal with the weekenders. I can handle that.

I finished whittling my bamboo skewers (the ones that I bought to use in my knife box) down to size. I figured that I would need ten packages of bamboo skewers to fill my new knife box. I probably could have used another package or two but it's working as is for right now. I may pick up another package or two the next time I go to the city. As is, I love it. No more risking major cuts from rummaging in the drawer for my knives and they aren't getting all dull from clanging against each other.

Murphyism of the Day

Femo's Law of Automotive Engine Repairing


If you drop something, it will never reach the ground.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Do something every day that you don't want to do; this is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain. -- Mark Twain

No comments: