Friday, August 24, 2007


Old Grey Frog, T-Square (Dad), Mom, Willie, and Sis - Summer 2007

Word of the Day

Contotally - Completely and totally. A contraction of totally and completely.


The most that I've done today was vacuum the house. After that, I picked up a book and read the whole thing. There is a reason that I try to avoid picking up books. The reason is that I have this weird addiction to them. If I let myself sit down to read one, that's it for the rest of the day...or until the book has been read cover to cover. Fortunately...or unfortunately...depending upon how you look at these things, I read really fast. Really fast! I picked up that book after lunch and had consumed it before HTP and I left to go shopping in the city. Good book. Sis didn't seem to like it but it was good. I may look to see what else that author has written.

My Dad made me a really beautiful knife box. I'd seen one like it on a TV show and asked him if he could make something like it for me. He could and he did. As I said, it's beautiful and I'm eager to put it to good use. All I have to do is fill that box with bamboo skewers. I'm working on that project right now. I found some bamboo skewers today when I was in the city. They seem to be about 1/4 - 1/2 inch too long for my new box. So, I've been nipping off that 1/4 -1/2 inch for each and every bamboo skewer. I think I'm about half-way there. I'll work on the project some more tomorrow morning.

I've got company coming. MC Daughter and D Buddy are coming to visit along with one of their Arizona friends. I got a call from #1 Son just now and he's coming up to see us too. We're going to have a full house this weekend. Love it. Good thing that I bought six t-bone steaks when I was at the grocery store today. Maybe I'll see if they can pick up some fresh corn to go with the steaks for tomorrow night. Or...maybe they'll decide that they all want a fish fry or hot dogs. I'm open to whatever they decide that they want to have. Time to put some beer in the fridge to chill.

Murphyism of the Day

Bromberg's Laws of Automotive Repair


1. When the need arises, any tool or object closest to you becomes a hammer.

2. No matter how minor the task, you will inevitably end up covered with grease and motor oil.

3. When necessary, metric and inch tools can be used interchangeably.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Fear is a question: What are you afraid of, and why? Just as the seed of health is in illness, because illness contains information, your fears are a treasure house of self-knowledge if you explore them. -- Marilyn Ferguson

No comments: