Monday, August 20, 2007


Old Grey Frog and Ms En.- August 17, 2007

Auntie Tee(AKA MC Daughter) and Uncle Davey (AKA #1 Son) with Ms. En - August 18, 2007

Word of the Day

Configurate - To configure.


We're Home! HTP and I decided to head back to The Lake yesterday afternoon after seeing DD Daughter and GI Joe back at their apartment. Although I'm sure it would have been nice to stay longer, I could see that it was time for DD Daughter and GI Joe to have time on their own to settle into parenthood. Little Ms. En looked very content in her swing. Such a cute little baby. DD Daughter and GI Joe promised to bring her to see us here at The Lake sometime before HTP and I have to close up and head back to Arizona in the fall. I know that HTP's Mom is eager to get her arms around Ms. En. Me too.

HTP and I got home at around midnight. The driving weather wasn't the best. Rain was coming down so hard that people were pulling off the road. At least we didn't get any hail. It sounds like #1 Son and MC Daughter (who left Omaha in #1 Son's car about an hour earlier than us) ran into the rain and weren't so lucky. #1 Son's windshield wipers decided to quit. From what I understand, a fuse blew and they had to pull over and replace it. At this point, both #1 Son and MC Daughter were soaked and had to stop at the nearest gas station to change clothes. This will be one of those adventures that they'll remember and talk about in the years to come.

Before HTP and I left on Friday, I noted that all four of my hummingbird feeders were full and so was my one oriole feeder. We weren't gone all that long. They're empty. Sucked dry. I can't believe it. I just cooked up a huge batch of hummingbird nectar and will refill the feeders as soon as it cools.

I also noted that we got almost an inch of rain here at The Lake while we were gone. Now I don't feel so bad about that unfinished part of the sprinkler dance. Everything is plenty wet. It's still overcast today. Dreary. I'm not complaining. Maybe by the end of the week my kids will be able to have their fireworks display after all.

Murphyism of the Day

Jean's Law of Automotives


Any car utilized as a "backup" car breaks down just after the primary car breaks down.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Television news is like a lightning flash. It makes a loud noise, lights up everything around it, leaves everything else in darkness and then is suddenly gone.

-- Hodding Carter

No comments: