Friday, August 10, 2007


HTP, MC Daughter, and DD Daughter - June 2007


Word of the Day

Compulsive away disorder - A deficiency affecting those obsessed with constantly reading away messages on one's favorite instant messenger service.


It's hot outside. Granted that my thermometer on the back deck always reads hotter than the one in the front of the house. Although the sensor is actually facing north, it gets the reflection of the windows and the deck is on the south side of the house. Having said all that, my deck temperature reads 102°F right now. Hot! I made the mistake one time of walking out on that deck with bare feet when it was almost that hot. I don't do that anymore. The temperature on the north side of the house in the shade is 86°F. Humidity? Oh, yea! It's humid outside. Are we going to get any rain? Maybe. Probably not. I'm doing the sprinkler/rain dance. We'll have to see. We really need the rain.

I cleaned the blackberries last night. Crushed, my blackberries measured 4 cups. I froze them. I'm not sure as yet what I plan to do with them. Jam? We'll see. I had hoped to get more blackberries so my sister and I could make some blackberry wine next spring. Sis and I will have to go berry picking again next week to see if we can get enough.

In the meantime, I caught another mouse in my garden, so.....

Five Chipmunks and Two Cute Little Teeny Tiny Brown Mice Have Been Deported to Doolittle Park and One Bunny Has Been Deported to the Next County

Murphyism of the Day

Murphy's Eighth Law of Food


If you make a list, the store will be out of the most important item.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Believe in life! Always human beings will live and progress to greater, broader and fuller life. -- W. E. B. Du Bois

No comments: