Tuesday, August 14, 2007


Hungry Hummingbirds - Summer 2007

Word of the Day

Concoctuous - Behaving immaturely or foolishly. Also: concoctuously


I found homes for five of my eggplant. That left me with only four. Nine minus five equals four. I salted down two eggplant last night and am making a recipe that I found on the Internet called Cheesy Eggplant. It sounds a bit like Eggplant Parmesan only healthier. I'll keep you posted. I'm afraid that HTP isn't going to like it too much. No meat. Plus...it has a whole bag of fresh spinach in it. Healthy. We're going to have a meatless meal. Maybe I should throw some meat into our side salad.

I did the laundry today. But first, I had to clean up the mess in the laundry room. Someone moved the dehumidifier. In and of itself, that wouldn't have been a bad thing. Only....the hose that was supposed to be in the sink so that water sucked from the air would drain into said sink, wasn't in the sink anymore. It was laying on top of the counter. I had water all over the counter and soaked into the rug on the floor. Oh well...that's what towels are for. I fixed it. Only, the boxes that hold the battery re-chargers that HTP keeps on that same counter...they got kind of wet.

Between the hummingbirds and the orioles, I've been going through a lot of sugar this summer. I no sooner fill one feeder than I have to refill two more. I just noted that the oriole feeder is empty again. *sigh* My father tells me that he's experiencing the same population explosion at his place. Only one more month of this. I'm told that I should bring my feeders in after Labor Day.

Murphyism of the Day

Isaac's Strange Rule of Staleness


Any food that starts out hard will soften when stale. Any food that starts out soft will harden when stale.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee -- that will do them in. -- Bradley's Bromide

1 comment:

MYM said...

Love the picture of the hummingbirds!