Monday, August 06, 2007


Goodbye, Mr Chips! - Summer 2007


Word of the Day

Comfordable - That which is not only affordable but comfy as well.


Sprinkler Dancing. I should have been out there yesterday to water the lawn and the flower beds but I'm out there today. I tried to rig up the timer to the Earthboxes but found out that the length of hose that I bought from Walmart isn't going to work. Try as I could, I couldn't attach the hose to the hosebib. On closer inspection, I could see why it wasn't working. Somehow, the hose that I bought at Walmart had a dent in the male end of the hose. The dent was just big enough to prohibit me from using it. I dug out the receipt and will return it but now I can't have my Earthboxes on a timer...at least until I find another piece of hose. I think I've figured something out but it'll have to wait until I'm done with my sprinkler dancing today. I'll have to "borrow" the hose that I'm using for my sprinkler dance...temporarily...until I can get to the city to buy another bit of hose. My Earthboxes need to be watered every single day now. It must be because of all the developing fruit. I plan to set the timer so that it'll water the boxes for two minutes, once a day, every day. When I'm here, I can water the Earthboxes myself. I'm not going to be here.

I caught another chipmunk so.....

Five Chipmunks and One Cute Little Teeny Tiny Brown Mouse Have Been Deported to Doolittle Park and One Bunny Has Been Deported to the Next County

Murphyism of the Day

Murphy's Fifth Law of Food


Substitutions never taste right.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

I have a right to my anger, and I don't want anybody telling me I shouldn't be, that it's not nice to be, and that something's wrong with me because I get angry.

-- Maxine Waters

No comments: