Thursday, April 24, 2008


#1 Son and D Buddy Chilling After Putting in the Dock - 2007
Sis tells me that the lake at The Lake is still iced over....at least it was last weekend.

Word of the Day

Haargle - The act of gargling with a hair in one's throat, resulting in a most unusual gagging sound.


3 Days Until We Leave for The Lake (Packing Continues. Working on the To Do List.)

Do I really need to dust? It's not like I won't have to dust again when we get back here in the fall. *sigh* I'll dust, but not today...it's on The List. Today is pre-emergent day. I'm going to have to get out there and take care of this task before the temperatures outside get too high. We're supposed to have temperatures in the 90's today. I'm going to have to spread the pre-emergent weedkiller before breakfast or it'll have to wait until tomorrow morning.

My skunk streak is gone! Two hours at the beauty parlor (salon...they call it a salon and day spa), and my hair has been rejuvenated. Plus...I bought this neat hair powder spray so that I can cover up my skunk streak when it starts growing in. Seriously. She showed me this "new" stuff that you spray on your part line and, presto chango,....no skunk streak. It's not a permanent fix. Washes out with you shampoo. I bought the blond stuff. Comes in lots of colors but my hair stylist recommended blond for me. Make-up for the hair. Who'd a thunk it? Now I may not have to worry so much about trying to find someone to color my hair at The Lake. Actually, the stuff kind of reminds me of a commercial for this spray stuff balding guys use to cover their bald spot. Huh...I wonder....? I packed it in the suitcase that I won't need to get into until we get to The Lake. I won't need it for a while. Just thinking...I bet this stuff would be kind of cool to temporarily add those neat calico color streaks that my daughters seem to enjoy so much.

Murphyism of the Day

Arnold's Laws of Documentation


1. If it should exist, it doesn't.
2. If it does exist, it's out-of-date.
3. Only useless documentation transcends the first two laws.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

-The Dalai Lama (1935 - )

No comments: