Thursday, April 10, 2008


Home, Home at The Lake

Word of the Day

Gorgeousful - Describing something that is gorgeous and beautiful.

17 Days Until We Leave for The Lake


Lately it doesn't seem to matter what time Gypsy goes to bed (kennel) at night, she wants to get up around 6 AM (Arizona time). The Pollyanna in me is thinking that getting up so early to take Gypsy outside is good preparation for the time zone differences between here in Arizona and there at The Lake. The insomniac in me figures that I wasn't sleeping anyway, I might as well get up and make some coffee, take the dog out and feed her. Then come cavalettis and our training walk around the block. On a side note: I think the cavalettis might be doing me some good too. Yes, I go over the course with her at heel. You really have to pick up your feet or you'll trip on the raised boards. Anyway, I'm awake.

But am I really awake? I normally heat up some leftover coffee from yesterday's pot in the microwave for my first cup of coffee in the morning. Because the powdered creamer will not dissolve in cold coffee, I nuke the coffee before I sprinkle creamer into the coffee. Now...if the coffee is hot in the coffee pot, I'll sprinkle creamer in the bottom of my empty coffee mug before pouring myself some coffee...so I don't have to use a spoon to stir my coffee. Some gal at church taught me that little trick. Anyway, this morning I started the process out wrong. I sprinkled creamer in my coffee mug and then topped it with cold coffee. Apparently, I wasn't quite awake yet. Of course, the creamer didn't dissolve. It floated in a congealed mess to the surface of the coffee. I realized my error right away but by then it was too late. *sigh* I should have dumped out the whole thing and started again but that would be wasteful. Powdered creamer isn't cheap and I'd have had to wait until the fresh pot of coffee finished brewing. I nuked the mess and stirred, and stirred, and no amount of stirring could get rid of the creamer dumplings that stubbornly refused to dissolve. *sigh* Straining creamer dumplings out of my morning coffee through my teeth. Not a good way to start the morning.

Murphyism of the Day

Computer System Definition of the Day


Hardware - The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Every person takes the limits of their own field of vision for the limits of the world.

- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788 - 1860)

No comments: