Friday, April 25, 2008




Ice on the lake at The Lake - April 24, 2008


Word of the Day

Habitosis - A disease affecting those who continually form habits out of every aspect of their life; the condition of making every action into a habit.


2 Days Until We Leave for The Lake (Packing Continues. Working on the To Do List.)

I'm starting to get "excited". I've got the flight/fright feeling in the pit of my stomach. It's pretty hard to sleep when you've got that squirmy feeling in the pit of your stomach. I'm not panicked....yet. Everything is under control. I have no idea how we're going to get all this stuff into one car but we'll worry about that tomorrow.

Gypsy goes to the groomers this morning. I'll post a picture tomorrow. I can't imagine her with short hair but one must be practical when it comes to having a long-haired dog at The Lake. It doesn't work too well. Besides, what if she decides that she likes to swim? There's nothing worse than a wet dog than a wet dog with wet long hair.

My sister just wrote me that there's still ice on the lake at The Lake. She even sent pictures. Wow! I guess it's a good thing that I'm packing my winter jacket. There's no way that a boat or dock can be put in with all that ice. The opening of fishing season won't be too much fun unless we decide to go ice fishing. I guess global warming isn't warming much at The Lake this spring. They're predicting snow for later in the week. Should be interesting. I hope we don't encounter too many problems with ice and snow on our trip.

I'm not sure when HTP will decide to pack up my computer. Tomorrow for sure. Chances are I will have time to blog tomorrow morning but I'm not sure how much blogging I'll be able to do after that until we get to The Lake. I'll try.

Murphyism of the Day

Jaruk's Law


If it would be cheaper to buy a new unit, the company will insist on repairing the old one.

Corollary

If it will be cheaper to repair the old one, the company will insist on buying the latest model.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

If we can connect in some tiny way with a human that doesn't agree with us, then maybe we won't blow up the planet.

- Nancy White

No comments: