Tuesday, April 01, 2008


Ms. En - PT?


DD Daughter and GI Joe


Word of the Day

Glacket - The noisy ball inside a spray-paint can.


Caution!


Be Afraid!


Be Very Afraid!


April Fool's Day.


Beware!


Be Very Aware!



I don't do April Fool's jokes. I'm not fond of them. I'm not in the mood. So...please don't tell me that you're pregnant if you're not. Please don't put salt in my sugar bowl. Don't tell me that you quit your job. Don't tell me that the world is ending. I know. I'm gullible. You don't have to tell me that the word is written on the ceiling. By the way, that did actually happen (the word gullible written on the ceiling but it wasn't incident)...not to me, but to my sister. She looked up saying, "It better not be because you can just get up there and wash it off." I guess I just don't have a great sense of humor when it comes to April Fool's jokes. I feel like holing up in the house. No phone calls. No TV. No radio. Every news story needs to be weighed for it's validity today. What an ideal day for terrorists to attack! No-one would believe a report of such an attack on April 1st. See? No sense of humor. The safest place for someone like me today is home. I'll wait until April Fool's Day has passed before coming out again.

Happy Anniversary DD Daughter! Today is the anniversary of when DD Daughter became a Marine. Once a Marine, Always a Marine! Once a Marine Mom, Always a Marine Mom. No-one warned me about that part of the equation. It will be interesting to me to see how DD Daughter's Marine training is and will impact her family life. Ms. En is pretty young yet for morning PT....or the dreaded "pit".

Happy Blog Anniversary to Me! I wrote my first blog entry on April 1, 2003. Occasionally I go back and read some of those blogs. A trip down Memory Lane. I do a lot better blogging then I ever did when I tried to keep a handwritten journal. Why do I keep a blog? Family and friends know that if they ever want to know what's going on in my life, all they need to do is check my blog. "What's Mom doing today? Oh...that's right, she's doing laundry." I never claimed to be the most scintillating of blog writers. I leave that sort of talent to DD Daughter, GI Joe, and Willie. I really do miss Willie's blog entries. He hasn't written anything new on his blog for over a year. I know because I keep checking. I keep hoping he'll write something new. I know he's incredibly busy. What an understatement! I apologize to my brother and his entire family for that understatement. When life gives you lemons...That's such a understatement because there's just so much lemon juice one can make use of. And how much Limoncello can one person drink? Here's praying for a life full of silver linings and endless rainbows that even the color blind can see and appreciate. But...why do I blog? I not only blog so everyone will know what's going on in my life at any given moment (boring as my life may seem...boring is a good thing, in my humble opinion), but I also blog for just me. Keeps me sane? Kept me sane? They're coming to take me away....

Murphyism of the Day

Gilb's Fourth Law of Unreliability


Investment in reliability will increase until it exceeds the probably cost of errors, or until someone insists on getting some useful work done.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?

- Jean Kerr

No comments: