Tuesday, April 15, 2008


Tulips at The Lake?

Word of the Day

Gription - Having the quality of grippage; an amount of grip.


12 Days Until We Leave for The Lake

HTP didn't give me the "look" yesterday when I asked him to take the suitcases down from the closet. I was totally surprised. Shocked. He just commented that he wasn't going to start his own packing...but he'd work on his packing list. He asked me if I had a packing list?! *blink* He hasn't started a packing list yet? I've had my list prepped for over a month! I started my list when we arrived here six months ago....but I've only really been checking it on a daily basis since the beginning of this month. The suitcases are out of the closet and I've starting packing. My two suitcases are sitting in our guest room...open and unzipped, out of the way but on my mind.

It's laundry day today. I'll probably do laundry twice more before I zip up the suitcases for that final time. I plan to pack enough in one of my suitcases for me to last the seven days before we'll actually arrive at The Lake...six days but it's always a good idea to add another day's worth of stuff...just in case. I'm going to put together a couple of small moving boxes for some of the other things on my packing list. I think I might only need two boxes. And then there's the cooler.... I still haven't quite figured out the best way to transport the child rocker from here to DD Daughter's place. Maybe after I get the boxes prepped I'll be able to see things a bit clearer.

The temperature outside yesterday got up to 98°F. Gypsy and I enjoyed our morning walk but walking in the afternoon is out of the question. I wouldn't want Gypsy to trip on her tongue...or mine. High temperature at The Lake today? 63°F...but....it's supposed to be cloudy and windy.

Murphyism of the Day

Computer System Definition of the Day

Cable - The part of the computer system that is too short.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Neither a borrower nor a lender be; For loan oft loses both itself and friend; And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

- William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616)

No comments: