Monday, April 14, 2008


Can't Wait to Greet the Iris Spring

Word of the Day

Grippage - The measure of an object's grip.



13 Days Until We Leave for The Lake

HTP is going to give me that "look" if I ask him to take the suitcases down from the top shelf of the closet. However, that need to pack NOW urge is riding me hard this morning. I really could start packing the stuff that I won't be needing between now and the time we hit the road. It's not like I'd be packing everything! I'm not any fonder of living out of a suitcase than the next guy. But...I could start packing stuff that I won't need until I get to The Lake. HTP's just afraid that I'll pack something and then unpack and repack it a dozen times before we leave. Could happen. So? If I pack and unpack a dozen times then I pack and unpack a dozen times. It's not like I'm packing his stuff. I just want to start packing MY stuff. I need to know what will fit where and make sure everything fits just right so that it doesn't take up too much space. It's like a puzzle and sometimes puzzles take a while to go together correctly. The more I pack now, the less I have to worry about packing next week. Maybe I'll sneak the suitcases down out of the closet while he's running errands today....and maybe put together a box or two. I really hate the "look" he gives me when he thinks I'm starting to pack too soon.

Murphyism of the Day

Computer System Definition of the Day


Printer - The part of the computer system that jams when you're not looking.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup.

- H. L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)

No comments: