Tuesday, April 22, 2008


My Beautiful Fountain (Looks like I need to add sweeping the patio to my list...)

Word of the Day

Gwee - To take toe-curling pleasure in something non-sexual and express it with bodily contortions. Similarly, when cats curl their paws and close their eyes while being stroked.


5 Days Until We Leave for The Lake

OK. I admit it. I'm not exactly panicking but I didn't sleep too well last night. Admittedly, I never sleep all that well at night but last night was worse than my average sleepless nights. Despite all my lists, thoughts of all the stuff on my To Do List kept running through my head, demanding to be heard.

HTP wants me to treat the yard (front and back)with the pre-emergent but I can't do that until I drain and clean out the fountain. I can't drain and clean out the fountain until HTP reprograms the irrigation system so that my frog spitter doesn't keep trying to fill the fountain up again after I've spent all that time trying to drain it. There is a natural order for the way things need to be done on my To Do List. I don't mind taking care of sprinkling the pre-emergent weedkiller in the gravel areas of our yard but...first things first.

It's Laundry Day. I'll have to do laundry again on Friday but after that I can shut off the water to the laundry room. That's on my To Do List but will have to wait until Friday. However, all these tasks keep running through my mind demanding attention like a two year old screaming, "Me, Mommy, ME! Pick ME up Mommy! Feed me Mommy!" And no amount of trying to ignore the screaming will make the fact that the furniture needs dusting and that I really should vacuum...and clean the bathrooms...and the kitchen, go away. *sigh* First things first. I'll take care of cleaning the house on Saturday. I can't vacuum until HTP loads all this stuff in my dining room into the car. Vacuuming comes last. Are you listening little voice in my mind? It'll get done but not right now and not in the middle of the night while I'm trying to sleep. *sigh* It'll get done....I put it all on the To Do List.

Murphyism of the Day

Computer System Definition of the Day


Manual - The element of your computer system that is incomprehensible.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough.

- Groucho Marx (1890 - 1977)

No comments: